HDCC is committed to ensuring the everyone community is looked after and where is available to assist those in need. This page is to display the Latest information for the COVID-19 Virus (Coronavirus) for the local community covered by Haddington and District Community Council. HDCC’s dedicated resiliency team stood down on 31st July 2020 and as of 21st January 2021 have not been reactivated by East Lothian council.
HDCC meetings have moved online. please contact us if you wish to attend the meetings as a member of the public.
If you require assistance ELC will be picking up any assistance requests via public information line on 01875 824300 at any time or via their Website https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please check our Facebook page for all up to-date posts on whats happening and information in the Area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HaddingtonCommunityCouncil/
If you have symptoms
If it is a medical emergency, always phone 999
Symptoms of Coronavirus include:
If you develop symptoms please do not leave your home. Self-isolate immediately for 10 days. Others in your household should also stay home for 14 days in case they also develop symptoms. If symptoms worsen, or last for more than seven days, call 111.
How do I get tested?
Please use NHS inform’s online guide to find out how to get tested for coronavirus. If you can’t get online, call 0800 028 2816. There are several ways to get tested, including drive-through and by post. Your options will be explained when you go online or call to request a test.What happens when you are phoned by the Test and Protect service?
If someone tests positive for COVID-19, NHS Scotland will confidentially trace who the person has had contact with. If you receive a phone call from the Test & Protect service, it may be because you were in contact with someone who tested positive.
The Test and Protect service will then request that you don’t leave home and offer you a test.For information more information on COVID-19, please click on the following links:
ASKING FOR LOCAL HELP
Getting help in the Haddington Area
- If you need extra assistance, you can go to the ELC website for more information or they can call the dedicated Coronavirus helpline on 01875 824300 at any time
- If you need to contact ELC’s Social Work services if there are concerns about someone who may be vulnerable and needing specialist assistance. The number to call is: 01875 824 309
- Scottish Coronavirus Helpline 0800 111 4000 – open between 9am and 5pm
- East Lothian Council accessing online services https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210574/emergencies_safety_and_crime/12488/coronavirus/8
- Haddington Community Council resiliency advice number 07592 003 386 (11am-3pm Mon to Fri)
- NHS Hearing Aid batteries can be obtained from either visiting the council’s main offices or libraries or by contacting the Audiology service directly by email: email@example.com or by phone on 0131 536 1637 during the following hours: Mon – Fri 10 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm.
Check out our Community Help page for a list of More numbers
East Lothian Council has received funding from the Scottish Government to support individuals at financial risk over the winter months. This funding is being used to:
- Increase the grants available under the Scottish Welfare Fund, specifically Crisis Grants and Community Care Grants.
- Increase the Discretionary Housing Payment Fund to assist tenants who have experienced new/increased rent arrears in 2020/21.
- Create a new Fuel Insecurity Fund which can provide financial assistance to households in financial hardship and with fuel debts who may not be eligible for a Crisis Grant from the Scottish Welfare Fund.
- Support to tackle food insecurity in our communities by providing support for community based food initiatives and support for the Fareshare Hub.
- Additional funding for emergency payments from Children and Adult Social Work to support families, young people and vulnerable adults in financial hardship.
Details of these funding streams are available in the Financial Support during COVID-19 leaflet on the council website.
- Welfare advice – https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/homepage/10434/covid-19_welfare_advice_and_financial_support
- Mental Health & Money Advice in Scotland during COVID-19 outbreak https://www.supportinmindscotland.org.uk/news/mental-health-money-advice-support-covid-19
- Public Health Scotland Mentale wellbeing pages – http://www.healthscotland.scot/health-topics/mental-health-and-wellbeing/overview-of-mental-health-and-wellbeing
- NHS Inform Mental Welbeing – https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/your-mental-wellbeing/coronavirus-covid-19-your-mental-wellbeing
Parent and Child advice
It was announced before Christmas that most school pupils would learn remotely – rather than in school – until Monday 18 January.
The Government has now decided to extend the 18 January date and keep schools closed to the majority of pupils until 1 February. This will be reviewed in mid-January with pupils learning remotely.
ELC will initially be providing childcare and then education in school for vulnerable children and the children of key workers.
- Home based learning encouragement https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/news/article/13198/encouragement_for_home-based_learning
- Parent club – https://www.parentclub.scot/topics/health/coronavirus
- ‘Children’s Hubs’ – Haddington’s childrens hub will be St Mary’s Primary School/Haddington Primary School (infants building)
- Scot Govt Update on school closures and exams
- letter from Deputy First Minister to local authorities on school and ELC closures
Protect yourself and others:
- Please see the following OFFICIAL guides For more information.
- NHS advice on Staying at home
- Government guide on Social Distancing
- Stay at home guidance diagram
- Staying at home with Children
remember these measures do not mean you lock yourself away completely. Please use social media and the telephone to keep in touch and talk to people on a daily basis please use the facebook groups below.
LOCAL DOCTORS SURGERIES
See East Lothian Council’s Advice on Accessing GP’s With effect from MONDAY 16TH MARCH ALL GP appointments will be by TELEPHONE ONLY. patients not to attend the practice without prior agreement.
- Haddington Police 39 Court Street, Haddington EH41 3AE 01620 824101
- Tyne Medical Practice Tel: 01620 823 183 https://tynemedicalpractice.co.uk/
- Orchard Medical Practice Tel: 01620 825497 http://www.orchardmedprac.scot.nhs.uk/
- Lammermuir Medical Tel: 01620 825051 https://www.lammermuirmedicalpractice.scot.nhs.uk/
- East Lothian Community Hospital 0131 536 8300 NHS Lothian Website
Unless advised to do so by the hospital all appointments are still going ahead. you will be contacted directly if your appointment is cancelled.
If you are in any doubt please telephone the hospital on 0131 536 8300 who will have an update on the situation. (long wait to get phone answered)
Pharmacies can deliver medicines, patients just need to contact their local pharmacy directly to arrange this.
BOOTS – 01620 823349 35-36 High St, Haddington EH41 3EE, boots.com
Main council office and library opening hours
John Muir House, Haddington Mon – Fri 9 am – 1 pm
Brunton Hall, Musselburgh Mon – Fri 10 am – 12 noon and 1 pm – 4 pm
Musselburgh Library Mon – Fri 10 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm
Haddington Library, John Gray Centre Mon – Fri 10 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm
Dunbar Library, Bleachingfield Centre Mon – Fri 10 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm
North Berwick Library Mon – Fri 10 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm
OFFICIAL COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Advice pages.
- NHS INFORM – https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
- Scottish Government – https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- NHS Scotland – https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/a-to-z-of-topics/covid-19/
- NHS UK – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- UK Government – https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- East Lothian Council – https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/homepage/10448/coronaviruscovid-19
- World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/covid-19
Advice for businesses
- East lothian Business Help https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/coronavirus/business
- www.findbusinessSupport.gov.scot – 0300 303 0660
- HMRC helpline – 0800 0159 559
Official information on Retail Deliveries – https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-handling-of-planning-conditions-for-retail-deliveries-and-store-opening-times-chief-planner-letter/
Want to help out locally?
- Royal Voluntary Service on 01875 811011. We have volunteers throughout East Lothian doing shopping for vulnerable, older people.
- Volunteer Centre | East Lothian (volunteereastlothian.org.uk)
- Volunteering | Volunteering | East Lothian Council
- Active East Lothian | Volunteer Opportunities
PAGE LAST UPDATED