PUBLIC ACCESS AGREEMENT TO VIRTUAL COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
This agreement is for any member of the public wishing to attend a virtual Community Council meeting as an observer. The following must be adhered to and by signing the form below you are agreeing to abide by these procedures during the course of the meeting.
The form below must be submitted by 2 pm the day before the scheduled meeting. For any forms received after that time, we cannot guarantee access to the meeting. Please double-check the date on the form is for the meeting you are requesting access to.
- This form only allows the named person below access to the virtual meeting. The video conference link must not be shared with others.
- The named person must join this meeting from a private and not a public space and must not have any other company whilst attending the virtual meeting.
- All members of the public will be held in a virtual conference meeting waiting room until the meeting is due to be held. All members of the public will be allowed into the room when the meeting is started.
- Members of the public must enter the room with their microphones muted. If this is not the case the virtual conference administrator will place the microphones on mute.
- Members of the public are only at meetings to observe the meeting that is in progress.
- Members of the public may be asked to speak by the chairperson of the Community Council on a specific matter and only at this point, the microphone will be unmuted.
- Members of the public are asked to conduct themselves in a respectful manner.
- If a member of the public speaks within a Community Council meeting when he/she has not been asked to by the chairperson of the meeting, this person’s microphone will be muted by the virtual conference administrator, and the chair will ask this person to refrain from contributing at this point.
- If a member of the public continues to interrupt the proceedings of the meeting the person will be asked to leave the meeting. Failing this the member of the public will be removed by the virtual conference administrator and blocked from returning to the meeting.
- No recording of meetings are to be made, if a member of the public is seen to be recording the meeting or is later found to have recorded the meeting and shared on any social media this will then be dealt with through the appropriate channels. We would remind people that it is illegal to record digital content without the express consent of all involved.
- If invited to speak by the chairperson of the meeting, the question must be directed to the person and again members of the public are asked to conduct themselves in a respectful manner.
- Any bullying or abusive language made to any member of the Community Council will not be tolerated and will be dealt with by the chair of the Community Council. In exceptional circumstances, the member of the public will be removed and blocked from this, and any future Community council meetings.
- H&DCC use ZOOM as our video conference software. Please ensure you have downloaded the application onto your device and are familiar with how it’s used, we are not responsible for application support or any quality issues during the call.
- When joining you should join as your full name as used in the access request. Any unidentified member of the public could be removed by the virtual conference administrator and blocked from returning to the meeting.