With funding from the Haddington and Lammermuir Area Partnership and private donations, H&DCC has already placed 12 Samsung Tablets and distributed them a number of families, two care homes and Our Community Kitchen in Haddington.
- Devices will be given only to people within the area covered by H&DCC See map here
- Prospective users of these devices must have access to their own WiFi.
- These devices are for LOAN only. At the moment we have not put a time limit on length of the LOAN but this may change.
- Tablets will remain the property of H&DCC and could be recalled at any time.
- The devices are locked down and restricted to the authorised apps pre-installed.
- H&DCC is not responsible for the support of installed apps or accounts used to access app functions. Also we are not able to support the Android software.
- All devices are location tracked for security purposes. This location information is limited to Community Council tablet team and will only be shared if a formal request is made from the appropriate authorities.
- Devices can be remotely disabled if the devices are used inappropriately.
- If a device is not used we will request the return of the device so it could be reallocated.
- It’s also really important that you know and understand that there is an extremely small possibility that any data downloaded onto the devices could be exposed to members of the H&DCC tablet team when they are returned to us. We will minimise this exposure as much as possible and encourage you to logout of all applications and delete personal data before you return the device.
These devices come preloaded with the recommended E Learning apps (EG. Google classroom) or a number of standard Communication and social apps (eg Zoom, Facebook).
You can request additional applications to be loaded by contacting us through the contact us page