Haddington and District Community Council are needing you to Volunteer.
HDCC is run by Volunteers but increasingly there are more and more requirements we have to comply with from Health and Safety to raising our own funds. Which means we need more people to help us put on events.
We need volunteers for the following.
- Marshals: – Events such as parades or gatherings requires a number of people who can marshal and keep the public safe. we always need between 10 & 20 per event.
- Planners: – HDCC subgroup the Haddington Events Group put on a number of events during the year and we need people to help organise these events,
- Coordinators:- At events, there are lots of things going on so we need people with good skills in helping coordinate people to the right places and tasks.
- Labourers:- A lot of the events we do need people to put out barriers, erect tents, put out cones, erect lights etc. so someone who has more of a physical focus.
- Entertainers:- To try and keep things local we always will try to use local volunteers to provide entertainment at events. face painters, crafters and performers.
- Admin:- We need people to help with the admin side of things, contacting suppliers, liaising with Police and East Lothian Council, Risk assessments, TTRO’s and other paperwork.
- Fundraisers:- HDCC budget is extremely limited and has to stretch across lots of things and while we do not need to make money on all events we want to make sure we can help raise funds to improve or have more events.
- FIRST AIDERS: we always require first aiders. if you are first aid certified then you could help us.
- Resources:- one of the big difficulties is resources. got a van you can help move things to a site? access to equipment that may benefit an event? it all helps.
As the nature of our events, there will more than likely be a requirement to be PVG checked so if you have an existing PVG this can speed up the process. If not don’t worry we will work with VCEL to get your PVG check done but this can take several weeks.
We can’t put on events without Volunteers. if we don’t get enough people to help then we can’t do the events.
if you think you can help is in any of these areas then please Fill out this online form.